Kevan, N4XL considers himself a "Little Pistol" and does not have an amplifier. His primary
focus currently is HF Contesting. He will address the issue of how to integrate the various
spotting networks and tips on how to make it work for you using the N1MM Plus contesting
software. From Kevan's summary:
"Surprisingly, many contesters are unaware of the tools offered by N1MM to effectively find
workable stations using Search and Pounce. Whether you operate from a Multi-Multi Super
Station, have a modest 100 watt Little Pistol setup with a low tribander and wires,
or live in an HOA controlled development using compromised antennas,
you can improve your scores by using these tips. SO2R operators have also benefited by
more productively using their second radio. Although geared primarily towards Assisted
operators, ideas for those who prefer to avoid clusters will also be presented.
· Tools available within N1MM to identify workable stations
· Program options which maximize the benefit of the Mult and Q window spot usefulness
· Indicators offered within the program to help determine when switching from run to S&P or if changing bands will be more productive
· Effective use of N1MM’s Band Scope feature
· Keyboard shortcuts to quickly navigate to your next multiplier
Questions both during and after the presentation are encouraged.
To join the meeting, click on:
REDXA Zoom Meeting
Check your email for the "Meeting ID" and password. You should have received an email with this
information. If not, contact one of the club officers.